I decided if I could come up ten reasons to do NaNoWriMo, then I decided I would be all out of excuses. So, I’m doing it!
Here are my 10 reasons:
1. I’m not working; this is actually the most perfect time to do this.
2. Instead of stressing about the job I DON”T have (see #1) I might as well be writing. Duh!
3. I will feel a sense of accomplishment everyday; this is not true of the job search; then I won’t need to stress at all (see #2).
4. There is nothing like a deadline to give you a good PUSH.
5. I have a story floating around in my head somewhere; all I need to do is capture it and demand an explanation.
6. I plan to buy a new candle and light it at the beginning of all my writing sessions; I will have a ritual; I want a daily ritual; I might as well be writing as I perform this ritual (I actually stole this from someone else; isn’t it cool?).
7. It’s only 1,666 words a day; They’re just words on a page, a rough draft; Ah, that’s nothing; Wait, I don’t like that number at all; How about 1,667? Better. Something is bound to go wrong with that other number.
8. I’ll connect with other aspiring writers; I won’t be alone.
9. It will be all about process and output; all junk is allowed; I’ll be in touch with my creative self.
10. At the end of 50,000 words, I will be named a winner! Yay! I want to be a winner.
50,000 words, now that sounds like an awful lot…what if I get behind…what if my story sucks…what if….too late! I signed up.
I am a bit nervous, so wish me luck. And, if you’re doing the NaNo, please connect with me. I’d love to have some buddies. I’m “thebumblefiles,” but I’m still haven’t completed my profile, or put in my genre, my title, my synopsis, my excerpt…I guess I better get busy.
Hope to see you out there!