Here’s my list for the Love/Hate challenge you may have seen going around the blogosphere. After reading Mark’s list on his blog Exile on Pain Street, I felt this rush to write a list of my own and here it is. I wasn’t tagged nor am I going to tag anyone, but if you want to jump in and write one, I’ll certainly read it.
I didn’t think that I “hated” anything, because it can be such a strong, negative, unhealthy emotion. But, I found out I do really hate some things, and some of these things are, of course, of a lesser degree of “hate.”
I also didn’t censor myself too much, and realize that I if I wrote this list at a different point in my life, it may be an altogether different list. Here’s what is today. Read on.
- I love curling up with a book I can’t put down.
- I love dancing around my house for no apparent reason to my favorite music or to no music at all.
- I love fits of laughter when tears are streaming down my cheeks, and I’ve laughed so hard I forget what I’m laughing about. This usually happens with my sisters.
- I love watching my children sleep, their gentle breathing and their soft snores; they seem like angelic, peaceful creatures from beyond.
- I love that my husband still desires me after twenty-five years.
- I love great conversation over a delicious meal and bountiful amounts of wine.
- I love coffee, the smell, the taste, and knowing it awaits me (on most days) in the morning.
- I love when I absolutely forget about time; when I am so immersed in something I’m not aware of it passing; I’m particularly happy when this happens when I’m creating something I feel passionate about.
- I love the kind of peace I feel after swimming in the ocean, the rush of the waves, and the taste of salt or after a good yoga workout lying in the corpse pose; I feel cleansed and relaxed.
- I love Mark’s post from Exile on Pain Street – the inspiration for this post – just read it! You’ll see. I’ll add, I love being inspired.
- I hate insomnia and waking up tired, and knowing I will be tired all day.
- I hate when I worry, especially about money.
- I hate boring jobs. It’s not a case of only boring people get bored, which is what I typically say about boredom. A boring job feels like prison.
- I hate poverty, hunger and cancer with a capital H.
- I hate crystal meth and that it almost killed my brother.
- I hate my smart phone. It’s destroying humanity. No, I love my smart phone. The Internet at my fingertips. No, I hate my smart phone. I love my smart phone. Hate. Love. Clearly, this is a love/hate relationship.
- I hate it when my Internet breaks down!
- I hate getting older. I still feel like I’m in my twenties. Sort of. But I’m not.
- I hate death. It sucks.
- I hate car problems.
What about you? What would be on your list?