This post comes courtesy of Dawn Quyle Langau from TALES FROM THE MOTHERLAND. She had this great idea for bloggers to unite in gratitude. At this time of year, we may start thinking about the year ahead and our New Year’s resolutions. Why not think about the year we have had instead and reflect on the things that made us smile and what we are grateful for. I think we need to do more of this on everyday basis! Thank you, Dawn, for putting this together. If you would like to add your post, instructions follow my list.
The objective is to write out a list of 50 things in 10 minutes time. Setting the timer.
Here we go…
50 Things I am Grateful for This Year (2015)
I am grateful for:
- My two beautiful boys; their tender hearts and their wicked sense of humor and the boundless love I feel for them.
- My husband who still loves me and believes in me and accepts my flawed self.
- My family, sisters, brothers and the times we spent together. It’s always special time.
- My family watching my son play water polo this year and cheering him on.
- My little one’s precious eyelashes (I want them) and his gentle, creative spirit and watching him dance. Wow, he can dance!
- Clean water; where I live it’s pretty good.
- The generosity of my mother-in-law; she’s a lifesaver.
- Having a glass of wine while I cook and dance in the kitchen.
- Having a glass of wine with a friend.
- Long walks in nature.
- My sister’s generosity and knowledge and helping get through an IEP process; things could have turned out much differently had she not been there. Thank you!
- My guardian angels in true life: Ixchel and Dipali.
- My blogging community. I don’t know about you, but it feels pretty real to me. I wish we could all go out for dinner together.
- Discovering yin yoga, giving me a peace and awareness about myself; letting me spend time on me.
- Getting back into a ballet class and feeling right at home.
- My dance teacher Sunny and her genuine smile and all her joking around.
- Working out and feeling good about my physical self.
- Conversations with my mom on the phone; she has such wisdom.
- My furry, feline friends: Shasta, Orangey and Lucky. I’m happy to serve them. They have no idea how much joy they give me.
- Feeling stronger about my writing and the creative outlet I have here.
- My Friday Fictioneers community. They are so talented and I feel lucky to know them.
- Rochelle Wisoff-Fields for leading the Fictioneers every week. I admire her dedication.
- Health. My family is healthy and my son is taller than me now. He will eat me out of house and home.
- Feeling inspired by other writers. I have so many great things to read!
- Family time; watching movies and playing board games.
- When my husband cooks a meal.
- The sun, stars and moonbeams.
- Friends that don’t give up on me.
- Going out for sushi with my friend Ann.
- Making progress on my book.
- Snuggling under a blanket and getting lost in a book.
- Swimming in the ocean.
- Downloading and listening to music right away because I can.
- Fuzzy socks in furry slippers.
- Listening to the rain and not having to go anywhere.
- Waking up with the sunrise and feeling productive.
- Staying up and watching a late-night movie.
- Maple lattes from Peet’s.
- A soothing massage.
- A letter from a friend.
- Warm chocolate chip cookies with a cup of cocoa or anything chocolate.
- Sleeping in.
- Fresh roasted coffee in the morning.
- Laughter and for all the people that make me laugh.
- Listening to my son play his baritone and how excited he is talking about music, especially listening to him hum the music.
- Snuggling with my youngest. I know our days for this are numbered.
- Staying in pajamas all day.
- Getting away to Napa and living in such a beautiful spot close to so many great places.
- All my friends who are here right now. Thank you!
To join the bloggers who have come together for this project: 1) Write your post and publish it (please copy and paste the instructions from this post, into yours) 2) Click here. 3) That will take you to another window, where you can past the URL to your post. 4) Follow the prompts, and your post will be added to the Blog Party List.
I hope you’ll join in the fun. Thanks again for being here now and throughout the year. I have made some incredible connections here I never thought possible.
For more posts of Gratitude, visit the Linkup here.